PHOTOGRAPHY - PAINTING WITH LIGHT







Tuesday 26 October 2010

INSPIRED BY BANKSY

Here are some of my first street photographs, everywhere we went around the Bay of Napoli we found images of the saints and particularly Virgin Mary, on buildings, walls, rocks and at the roadside.  We also found graffiti which seemed to echo these in a strange way.  None of the images have been put through photoshop.


Canon EOS 5D MK2 with polarising filter & 24-70mm lens
F10, 1/1000sec, iso500

There is a shrine to the Virgin Mary on the wall to the right of the picture as well as a smaller icon below the window.  These attracted my attention as well as a pair of trainers airing on the windowsill.  I like the washing on the balcony which we saw everywhere in the region, and the couple gazing out to sea.


F5.6, 1/15sec, iso400


I do not know why this shrine was situated on the rock face but I thought it was quite beautiful.



F5.6, 1/2000sec, iso400

The top of this shrine was in heavy shade whichever way I tried to photograph it, I took a shot anyway in the hope I can do something with it in photoshop.



F7.1, 1/250sec, iso400

This piece of graffiti was quite close to the last shrine and seemed to copy it in some weird way, anyway I thought it was quite an interesting piece of street art.

No comments:

Post a Comment